Who wants 4?
The weekend is always a good time to have a bit of not-TOO-terrible for ya indulgence, and if this skillet chocolate chip cookie doesn’t do it for ya, you could always make some tasty dips for tailgate parties, make a vegan cookie pie, fire up the bbq and grill your own pizza, or maybe just make your own Starbucks frappucino.
But if this skillet chocolate chip cookie does get your taste buds tingling, here’s the recipe:
What do we need:
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Earth Balance margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg or equivalent with Ener-G egg replacement
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mixed milk and semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and sugars until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add egg (or replacer) and vanilla; mix until fully incorporated.
- Add flour mixture, and beat until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips.Transfer dough to 10 inch ovenproof skillet and press to flatten, covering bottom of pan.
- Bake until edges are brown and top is golden, 40-45 minutes.
- Don’t overbake; it will continue to cook a few minutes out of the oven.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
What’s your favorite dietary indulgence?